If you are interested in booking a swamp tour with Airboat Adventures but want to know more about what you should bring to a swamp tour, you have found the right place! Let this blog post be your guide to New Orleans swamp tour essentials.
Snakes, Egrets & Alligators, OH MY!
So, we thought we should start by saying that you don’t need to bring these because we have them all! We have some of the most exotic creatures of the swamp that you can find in Louisiana. Some of the creatures that you may see on your swamp tour with Airboat Adventures include:
- Bald eagles
- Bald eagles
- Wild Cajun tour guides…Oh wait…
Visit our Gallery page to see up close and personal pics of some of these amazing swamp creatures that you have the opportunity to experience on a tour. So now that you know what we have to offer, keep reading to find out what essentials you will need for your next New Orleans swamp tour!
New Orleans Swamp Tour Essentials
So, now that you are ready for your New Orleans swamp tour, you need to know what essentials to bring! We recommend that to feel prepared, you bring:
- Sunscreen – our small and large airboats do not offer much protection from the sun, so it is important that you bring sunscreen, especially if you burn easily. We will be out on the water for at least an hour and a half, so it is a good idea to be safe rather than sorry (and in pain).
- Bug Repellent – while the mosquitoes are not typically a problem on our swamp tours, we stand by the philosophy that it can’t hurt to come prepared! If you have that extra sweet blood that mosquitoes love, you may want to consider bringing bug spray.
- Cash – cash is most definitely an essential for your Airboat Adventures swamp tour. It allows you to tip your tour guides and to buy snacks, gifts, and drinks at our gift shop, as it is cash only.
- Camera – bring your camera so that you can capture the beauty of the swamp and its creatures. We recommend bringing waterproof cameras just in case of accidents!
- Comfortable Clothing – wear clothing that is appropriate for the time of year and that is comfortable. Tennis shoes or sandals are recommended for your swamp tour. Due to the high speeds of the airboats, you may want to bring a light jacket in the cool months and a thick jacket in the winter.
- Questions – Our tour guides love answering questions from passengers. Each one of them grew up hunting and fishing and are aficionados of all things Louisiana. If you have a question, they will have an answer. And if they don’t know the answer, they will most definitely give you a good joke.
Last Step: Booking a Tour!
Now that you are ready for your New Orleans swamp tour with Airboat Adventures, it is time to book a tour! You can call us at 504-689-2005 to reserve a spot, visit our Swamp Tours page for details regarding our tour packages!