At Airboat Adventures, the health and safety of our staff and customers are the top priority. Amid concerns around the Coronavirus (COVID-19) global health crisis, we want to clearly communicate the proactive measures we are taking to mitigate the spread of the virus.
When Airboat Adventures opens, we will strictly adhere to all current guidelines in place at that time from the CDC and local public health authorities. Again, your safety is our first priority; as these guidelines are currently fluid, we will update this page with these specific measures as they evolve.
While the cleanliness of our facility and boats has always been a priority, we will be increasing our cleaning practices to keep the experience safe for everyone. These additional measures include:
- Increasing the availability of alcohol-based wipes & hand sanitizers throughout the facility.
- All surfaces in common areas (check-in area, gift shop, restrooms, deck, boats etc.) are to be wiped down and cleaned regularly with a disinfectant solution.
- All employees are required to wear a facemask.
- Customers are not required to wear a face mask, but it is recommended.
- All employees will have temperature checks before the start of shift & temperatures of 100.4 or greater will be sent home.
In addition to these standard cleaning procedures, we will be implementing the following operational procedures. These procedures will allow for appropriate social distancing and limited physical interaction between customers & staff.
- We will be reducing the maximum capacity of the boats to allow guests to social distance.
- We will be reducing the total number of customers allowed at one tour time to minimize the crowd in the common areas.
- We recommend customers to book online so that they can prepay and minimize transactions on location.
- We will offer disposable earplugs as an alternative option from our reusable hearing protection headsets. The reusable hearing protection headsets will be disinfected and rotated.
- We ask that customers allow additional space between themselves and other groups of customers they may encounter in the common areas to ensure proper social distancing.
The following best practices are recommended to keep yourself and others healthy:
- Please stay at home if you are not feeling well, or if you have been in contact with other people who are not feeling well.
- Reservations can be canceled at any time before your scheduled tour. We will contact you to either refund or reschedule your tour at a future date.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Keep disinfectant with you as a precaution.
Airboat Adventures is a family-run, small local business. Over the past 15 years, our customers have entrusted our family with the safety and well-being of their family members and friends. Our goal is to continue to provide a safe and fun way for you to enjoy nature with your family and friends. In order to do that, we need your help. Please be understanding, patient, and thoughtful as we continue to evaluate and evolve with these uncertain times.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (504) 689-2005 or [email protected].